Well, cracicotus and malibran both went nuts today with major furniture buying and home redecorating plans. My place is basically "done" but it's got me thinking of the final things I want to get done:
- Top priority: Artwork in the office. Frame for vintage poster already on its way and I plan to frame my own original artwork as well as enlargements of digital and print photos. I might even do some new collage work.
- Ceiling lights for bedroom and office. I already have one picked out from the "new antique" catalog I get, and I think I will just get 2 of the same one, a 20s one.
- Might get drapes or something some day because although I do have heavy shades, it might dress the windows up some. I would probably get sheer white ones with those pompoms on the end... very historically correct and grandmotherly like the rest of my house.
- Wish I could somehow get junk out of my guest bathroom, but since I don't have any closet to put things like mops, my 2-wheel cart, brooms, for now it's just a slop room with a toilet in it.
- Full bathroom is improving but still too bare. Considering painting it. I don't want to paint the rest of my place but that room I could see being gold.
- If I could get my bike out of the bedroom (which really isn't so bad, it's a big room) I would love to get a loveseat or armchair of some kind, maybe a low bookcase... for a reading spot.
- If I had a buyer for my 1950s formica dining room set, I would buy a 20s/30s wooden set in a heartbeat. I saw this incredible one a few months ago for only like $500, solid mahogany, but I need to unload the other thing FIRST because not like I have storage space!
- Need more room for books. Too bad there is no room left for bookcases. If I didn't have the piano, yeah, but I do...