Well, Kristina arrived last night and while I am LOVING it -- we have insane, INSANE amounts of fun together -- Luckie is really unhappy about having a visitor. The fact that Kristina is sleeping in the living room on her "turf," has a dufflebag that smells like her cats, and we eliminated Luckie's favorite hiding spot by taking the spare mattress out from under the bed = pissed off cat. She keeps hiding in my office, jammed behind the file cabinet and the shredder, and if you try and get her out or even look at her, she hisses. She's hissed at Kristina and me in several other places as well. At the moment, however, Kristina is over at Dragon*Con registration and Luckie is sitting here next to me, completely sweet, wanting to be petted, quite angelic, because I am OK but Stranger = Evil. As soon as Kristina gets back, I know she will become Paranoid Angry Cat again LOL. I hope she gets over it, since Kristina is going to be here through Monday and Luckie doesn't have to be a little bitch like this.
EDIT: 10 minutes later, Luckie is so relaxed, and relieved to have me to herself, she's dead asleep and snoring.
1) This is the 1st of September, what do you want to accomplish by the 31st?
Have a new job and/or get done with, and paid for, this big web contract I'm working on.
2) What does September make you think about or feel?
September is my favorite month, because both in Massachusetts and in Georgia, it has the best weather -- warm, but with breezes and a hint of fall. It's my dad's favorite month, too, because it has the best weather for sailing.
3) September is the ninth month; can you name nine memories so far from this year?
1. Realizing I was going broke and would have to get a job.
2. Trip to Italy, including detour in France, visits to Riva, Milan, and Florence.
3. Getting new job, at ARC.
4. Weekend trip to Chicago with Caleb.
5. Signing up for membership at PCAC, getting in shape.
6. Visiting Dad in hospital.
7. Lots of stressful work doing web sites in RedDot.
8. Lots of shopping at Dillard's.
9. Getting fired.
4) What does September have in common with three other months and can you name them?
As the person I ganked this from said: Err...October, November, and December...all end in '-ber'?
5) The first weekend in September signals the end of summer for many even though it doesn’t really end for weeks. When does summer end for you?
Sadly, it'll be hot here 'til like October, and possibly after that. Summer is my least favorite season. I will say, however, that having Dragon*Con over Labor Day weekend does signal the end of the really HORRENDOUS weather.