1. What is one food (or meal) you used to hate but now love?
Although I've never been a fussy eater, I can name more than one: squash, melons, clams, tea, wine, beer. Recently I even caught myself thinking watermelon isn't too bad -- and I've always hated it.
2. If you had to give up one of your favorite foods (or meals) for good, what would it be, and why?
Well, I already *have* given up a lot of my favorite foods and meals because in general I don't eat meat. So I'm not choosing anything else.
3. Which food seems like it should be healthy and isn't, and do you eat it? Why?
"Light" butter. Because bread should be eaten with butter. Period.
4. If you were an item of food, personified, what would you be and why?
Pomegranate: brightly colored, exotic, tough to peel, weird, tart, juicy, and messy to eat.
5. You've seen tomatoes and pies used for this purpose... now think of a more inventive item of food one could throw at someone. What is it and why would throwing it at someone be hilarious?
As a kid I actually had people throw rotten fruits (bananas and oranges) at me several times so I'm sorry, I just can't find it funny. Whipped cream pies ARE funny though!
And from fridayfiver
1. What's the last thing you threw away?
A tissue. (Hey, it's ture.)
2. Have you ever been to Paris?
No. I did spend the night in Oissy, the little town next to Charles de Gaulle airport once, when our flight was snowed out on the way to Italy.
3. What do you stare at?
4. What do you hurry for?
5. Friday fill-in:
I could have been ___.
I could have been a Russian translator.