What do you do EVERY day to take care of the earth's environment? What could you do more of?
What I do:
1. Don't drive. To get around, I walk, bike, ride bus and train.
2. Use a ceramic coffee mug for coffee at work.
3. Recycle glass, paper, plastic at work.
4. Only shower every every other day, or every third day.
5. Don't use any harsh cleaners, mostly either natural (vinegar) or low-impact.
6. Feed my guinea pigs food waste.
7. Save all cardboard boxes, use for shipping, guinea pig housing & toys.
8. Use canvas bags for shopping, esp. grocery shopping.
9. Keep heat/air system set a bit higher/lower than usual (74 winter, 78 summer).
10. Don't have kids.
What could I do more of? I would like to recycle a lot more, but in this city / state, it just isn't easy at all. Facilities just don't exist. Unless I want to carry my stuff to work every day, I have to toss everything, even newspapers! I've been re-using stuff creative ways recently, like using old glass bottles for my dry goods, saving plastic bags as packing material, etc., but I have to toss a lot of stuff. Very annoying, esp. as I was raised in a place where recycling is just part of life.