Well, anyway, last night was my personal nightmare: Missing one bus after another, to the point I thought I was just going to have to sleep on the streets of Emory Village or something.
Here, for documentary purposes, is all the bad luck I had just on one night.
1. Around 7:15, decided I'd take the shuttle to Decatur.
2. Around 7:30, went to catch shuttle, which GPS said was on its way.
3. 10 minutes later, 6 bus southbound goes by. I'm not at the right stop to catch it.
4. Decatur shuttle is AWOL. I keep checking GPS on my phone. It's supposed to show up.
5. Just after 8, shuttle locator suddenly announces there are no Decatur shuttles running. It stops at 8?
6. Meanwhile two northbound 6 buses go by across the street.
7. Looking at MARTA's bus schedules on my phone, looks like the 36 to Midtown might come soon.
8. I walk over to N. Decatur road -- and the Grady shuttle goes by!
9. At the 36 stop, I freeze my butt off... but after 15 min. decide I must've missed the bus. Plus, MARTA's web schedules suddenly won't load on my phone.
10. I see teh 6 northbound go by me at the intersection. Not at the right stop to catch.
11. Feeling degraded, walk down to Emory Village to catch either 36 or 6.
12. Wait for 20 min. for something, getting really cold and hungry.
13. See the 36 to Avondale go by!
14. Finally the 6 shows up and I get on.
15. Just as I arrive at Inman Park station, the train home goes by.
16. 10 minutes later another train comes. The church bell rings 9 p.m.
17. I arrive home at my place at 9:15.
Yeah, over an hour and and a half of bad transit drama. I mean, how much bad luck can I have????? Tonight I'm leaving at 5 and going grocery shopping. Things BETTER work out!
As soon as I fixed myself a pathetic dinner, I went to bed.